Request a Quote
Zeus Pod Drive
The Zeus® Pod Drive System offered by Yanmar, for diesel engines from 400hp to 575hp, such as the 6LY3-ETP and 6CX530, is the latest technology. It hugely enhances safe, high speed handling of your boat and allows you to maneuver and dock with unequalled ease and precision. As a bonus, you can expect significant improvements in full-throttle performance, cruising speed and fuel economy.
Each drive moves and can be steered independently. You benefit from outstanding holding in turns and superb throttle response. Smooth, quiet, reliable hydraulic power directs the Pod and actuates the integrated, automated trim tabs. There is no need to be concerned about the current or wind strength when approaching the dock. The joystick control system is incredibly intuitive and simple to use. One hand controls it all, giving you total command.
Thrust from the Zeus® Pod Drive System offered by Yanmar is horizontal, allowing the full power from the engines to drive the boat forward, instead of wastefully pushing down the bow. The hydrodynamic design of the Pod and positioning aft of the counter-rotating propellers create far less drag. Rotational losses are eliminated, no lateral forces are produced and cavitation is reduced markedly. Increased blade dimensions permit larger gear ratios to be used.
The Zeus® Pod Drive System offered by Yanmar is safer by design. Should the Pod Drive hit underwater debris, the aft-facing propellers are protected by the gearcase and skeg. Because the Pod is mounted in a tunnel, the torpedo shape of the drive is the same depth as the keel and most floating objects will be deflected downwards and away. But if you hit something really substantial, the skeg has been designed to shear below the torpedo, minimizing damage to the drive.
Zeus Pod Drive
Depending on boat and operational
conditions, you can expect up to:
- 30% improvement in fuel economy
- 15% increase in top speed
- 15% bonus in cruising speed
Zeus® Pod Drive System Offered By Yanmar
In Cooperation With ZF
- Entirely compatible with Yanmar diesel engines from 400–575hp
- Outstanding improvements in handling and maneuverability
- Safety of rear-facing tunnel mounted drive and breakaway skeg
- Horizontal thrust resulting in full use of power from the engines
- Counter-rotating props stop rotational losses and minimize cavitation
- Intuitive single-hand joystick control from the cockpit
- Station-keeping software maintains a fixed heading within a tight area
- Automated hydraulic trim tabs for best performance and visibility
- Significant reductions in noise and vibration add to comfort
- Hydrodynamic design reduces drag and improves performance
- Increased fuel economy, longer range, higher speeds